INDIVIDUAL & GROUP KINTLA YOGA THERAPY® SESSIONS
Kintla Yoga, LLC offers in-person individual private sessions at Psychological & Behavioral Consultants and via HIPAA compliant video conference as well as group trauma-informed yoga therapy sessions. Kintla Yoga Therapy® (KYT) evidence-based, trauma-informed, attachment-sensitive sessions are designed to empower healing in those experiencing the effects of chronic, situational, primary and secondary traumatic stress, including PTSD, CPTSD, STSD and other anxiety-related and dissociative disorders. Individual sessions and group classes offer safe, confidential opportunities for students to begin to discover and expand embodied resources and to heal the origins of chronic and traumatic stress.
Yoga mats, bolsters, sitting cushions, and blankets (including a weighted blanket) are available to borrow at the office.
KYT individual sessions are offered by appointment only and held at her sacred office space nestled between between Crego Park and Fenner Nature Center at Psychological & Behavioral Consultants located at 2535 E. Mount Hope Ave., Ste. 4, Lansing, MI. Appointments may also be scheduled to take place via HIPAA compliant video conferencing. Contact me to learn more or to set an appointment.
KYT is an integrative trauma treatment designed to empower healing in individuals experiencing the symptoms of chronic, primary and secondary traumatic stress, including those experiencing the effects of PTSD, CPTSD, STSD and other anxiety-related and dissociative disorders.
Private individual sessions are designed specifically to meet each individual client’s needs. For optimal outcomes, clients are advised to commit to a minimum of 9 weeks, involving one initial 75-minute intake session and subsequent 60-minute sessions per week.
A thorough intake is conducted during the first session, in part through a questionnaire that is re-administered at Week 8. The data is analyzed, and a confidential report is generated at Week 9 and reviewed with the client. The report reflects the client’s growth and progress and/or areas that may need improvement, as well as recommendations for moving forward with or without individual sessions.
A KYT group class is available for clients to move into when individual sessions conclude and/or to attend concurrently with individual sessions. However, clients do not have to attend individual sessions prior or concurrent to attending the group class. It is open to everyone.
Clients may also simply schedule single individual sessions to help gain insight into tools that may be useful to practice on their own as they move forward with healing.
It is strongly recommended that KYT clients see a counselor/psychologist in addition to private yoga therapy sessions, but it is not generally mandatory.
Payment is accepted by cash, check or credit. Health Savings Accounts (HSA) or Flex Spending Accounts (FSA) are most often applicable for individual sessions with a doctor’s prescription.
Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
My office and practice group have taken the following precautions to protect our patients and clients to help slow the spread of the COVID-19:
- In-person appointments are only held when the provider and client are symptom-free.
- Masks are mandated to be worn by all providers, clients, and visitors in all common areas of the building and in my office at all times.
- Clients are instructed to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol prior to entering the building. There is a first-floor restroom available for handwashing and hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available at the main entry to the waiting room and in my office.
- Seating in the waiting room has been arranged for appropriate social distancing.
- Restrooms are cleaned regularly, soap dispensers are maintained, tissues and trash bins are easily accessed, and the trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Other practice group mental health providers and clients maintain safe distancing in common areas.
- Appointments are scheduled at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room and in common areas.
- We ask all clients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
- Temperatures are taken prior to each appointment. If the temperature is elevated (100.4° F or more), or if you providers or clients have other symptoms of COVID-19, they agree to cancel the appointment or proceed using telehealth until a later date to return to in-person sessions.
- Appointment cancelations due to symptoms or illness will not be charged the standard cancellation fee.
- Providers and clients take steps between appointments to minimize exposure to COVID-19.
Updated: 15 July 2020
*To purchase previously scheduled individual sessions, please make payment by clicking the ‘Purchase’ button below.
KINTLA YOGA THERAPY® CLASS
NOW ONLINE: Michigan State University RCAH LookOut Gallery, Mondays, 7:00 – 7:30 PM
YOGA THERAPIST: KINTLA STRIKER
SUPPORT ASSISTANTS: BERKLEY SORRELLS & EZRA KUSHMAUL
This teen and adult KYT class is appropriate for all health and fitness levels. It offers a safe and confidential space for individuals to begin to empower their own healing through choice-driven practices, including breathwork, mindfulness with self-compassion techniques, gentle movement, and guided meditation. It is an opportunity to relax, renew, befriend the body, connect with the breath, and to discover and deepen embodied resources for day-to-day life, additional therapies, and post-traumatic growth.
COMPASSIONATE SELF-CARE FOR CLINICIANS: KINTLA YOGA THERAPY + GENTLE EARTH SOUND THERAPY
June 7, 2019 | 1:00 pm – 2:15 pm or
September 6, 2019 | 1:00 – 2:15 pm
November 8, 2019 | 1:00 – 2:15 pm
December 13, 2019 | 1:00 – 2:15 pm
FACILITATED BY KINTLA STRIKER & BETTY GAUTHIER
This compassionate self-care group class is specially designed for clinicians working in the mental and medical healthcare fields and is appropriate for all health and fitness levels. It seamlessly marries trauma-informed yoga and sound therapy practices in a safe and confidential space offering opportunities to deeply relax, renew, receive, befriend the body, connect with the breath, and to expand embodied resources to bolster equanimity in daily life as a helping professional. It includes immersive crystal singing bowl sound therapy coupled with choice-driven practices, incorporating breathwork, mindfulness with self-compassion techniques, gentle movement, and guided meditation.